If you have a museum, organization, hall of fame, western themed publication, radio program or anything else you’d like to see added here as a resource for people who are looking for Cowboy Connections, please send the information to us in an email in text format to firstname.lastname@example.org. Subject should be “Cowboy Connection.”
- Armstrong County Museum & Goodnight Historical Center Tour the beautiful home of Charles and Mary Goodnight, and see the historic exhibits in the new J. Evetts Haley Visitor Center. Don’t miss the buffalo in the pasture!
- Birthplace of John Wayne Museum Step back in time and picture the life of a midwestern boy and his family near the turn of the century. This modest four-room home in Winterset, Iowa, is restored to reflect its 1907 appearance, the year of Duke’s birth.
- Black American West Museum Located in Denver, Colorado, the Black American West Museum was founded in 1971 by Paul W. Stewart. The Museum is dedicated to collecting, preserving and disseminating information regarding the contributions of Blacks in the Old West.
- Chisholm Trail Heritage Center Smell the coffee, feel the wind and rain on your face and feel the thunder of stampeding longhorns. There is a thrill-a-minute on the giant screen in the “Experience Theater”!
- Fred Harman Museum Fred Harman, who died in 1982, was one of the founders of Cowboy Artists of America. In addition to being one of the foremost painters of the American West, he was also the creator of the world-famous cartoon strip, “Red Ryder and Little Beaver.”
- Gene Autry Museum – Oklahoma Dedicated to the memory and legacy of the singing cowboys of the “B” western films of the 40s, 50s and 60s. Located in Gene Autry, Oklahoma.
- Henager's Workshop of Memories & Nostalgia The Henager Family Museum opened in December of 1996. It began as a repository for the family’s memorabilia. Items include equipment from the family’s long line of woodworking history. The family also had a collection of items of historical interest.
- High Plains Western Heritage Center contains a 5-state Regional Museum founded to honor the Old West Pioneers and the Native Americans of North Dakota, South Dakota, Montana, Wyoming and Nebraska. Western Artifacts & Art, Live Animals and Family Histories.
- Leanin' Tree Museum & Sculpture Garden of Western Art Boulder’s Leanin’ Tree Museum & Sculpture Garden of Western Art is a free museum exhibiting 250 paintings and 150 bronze sculptures by 100 artists. This is a magnificent private collection of America’s master painters and sculptors of the post 1950 er
- Red River Musuem The Red River Valley Museum is home to the extensive wild game collection donated by Bill Bond as well as to historical exhibits dealing with archaeology, geology, ranching history, and life in early Vernon, Texas. The museum has the largest collection of
- Rex Allen Museum Rex Allen, 1920-1999, known as the “Arizona Cowboy” and “Mister Cowboy,” brought much pride to the people of Willcox, Arizona. Rex was a real cowboy legend starring in western movies. His voice is still treasured in the narrations he did for Walt Disney’s
- Stockyards Museum Learn more about the History of the Cowboys and the west in the Stockyards Museum, located in the heart of the Fort Worth Stockyards in the Historic Livestock Exchange Building. The museum offers many photos and artifacts from the hey day of the Fort Wort
- The Autry National Center of the American West The Autry National Center is a multicultural history center that has emerged from the intersection of three important museum organizations: Southwest Museum of the American Indian, Museum of the American West (formerly the Autry Museum of Western Heritage
- The Casey Tibbs South Dakota Rodeo Center The Casey Tibbs South Dakota Rodeo Center located in Fort Pierre, South Dakota is an historical museum devoted to the legendary sport of South Dakota rodeo; the history and its stars. With an extensive collection of the memorabilia and collections of icon
- The Museum of Cariboo Chilcotin British Columbia’s ranching industry has crossed two centuries and it is older than the province. Cattlemen and cowboys truly won otin is dedicated to preserving and promoting this ranching heritage. It is the only museum in BC to focus on ranching and ro
- The National Cowboy & Western Heritage Museum is America’s premier institution of Western history, art and culture. Founded in 1955, the museum in Oklahoma City collects, preserves and exhibits an internationally renowned collection of Western art and artifacts.
- Western Heritage Museum Complex Located on the campus of New Mexico Junior College in Hobbs, New Mexico, The Western Heritage Museum Complex and Lea County Cowboy Hall of Fame have many fun and educational exhibits and events planned so that you can actively learn more about our local h